The Sun Salutation is one of the most beautiful, classic and oft-repeated sequences taught in a yoga class. Sun salutes can, however, also feel confusing, frustrating and downright awkward!
This 2-hour workshop is designed to demystify and break down all the postures and transitions for beginners and experienced practitioners who want to refine and deepen their understanding of the basics. Key learning take-aways include:
- Learn key alignment points for postures such as downdog, chaturanga and cobra.
- Learn how to adapt and modify poses and transitions for your body safely to avoid injury and repetitive strain.
- Learn key tips and tricks for how to transition between poses with more grace and ease!
Last updated March 5, 2018, 5:08 p.m. UTC
* Are you a beginner to yoga and don’t know where to start?
* Do you have a health concern and you’d like to learn how yoga can help?
* Do you play sport and want to know how yoga can improve your performance?
* Are you looking for help with an ongoing injury?
* Do you have physical limitations that make group yoga classes intimidating or inaccessible?
If so, private yoga therapy classes may be the perfect solution for you!
With 18+ years of yoga experience and over 1000 hours of formal training, Vicky’s major life-passion is to share the therapeutic benefits of yoga. She specialises in working with students on a one-on-one basis where she can create tailor-made and accessible yoga practices that address the specific needs of the individual. Vicky also runs regular yoga therapy courses, workshops, teacher trainings and yoga retreats.
Vicky has experience in using yoga to help students manage a wide range of health issues including:
* musculo-skeletal imbalances and injuries
* chronic health conditions
* chronic pain
* mental health illnesses
Vicky is an E-RYT 500 (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher) with the international governing body Yoga Alliance and also has a Graduate Certificate in Yoga Therapy.